Friday, August 8, 2014

1:45 -- Bike

Well, headed out today and it was a warm and windy one. Great day though so just tried to soak in the sun. I installed my aero-bar hydration system for the long run to get practice using it on my 112+ mile ride tomorrow. I was not prepared for the sound of the liquids sloshing around so that was something to get used and going over any bumps in the road. The back of my leg also is a little sore, right on the tendons but looking at these past three week how could it not be with this volume of mileage.

This weekends work outs are a doozy. Tomorrow I am going to ride the full Ironman course from the Monona Terrace out to the loops so am looking at doing around 112 miles. After that I will have a 45 minute recovery run. On Sunday I have a 4125m swim as well as a 3 hour run (which will be 20+ miles). Then next week, I come off the gas pedal to have my body absorb some of this crazy training. Go back up for one more hard week featuring a 5 hour brick and I will already BE TAPERING FOR IRONMAN!! I can't get over it.

In other news, I am being interviewed by a TV reporter on Tuesday morning where they are highlighting my Journey to Ironman through the UW Health Marketing and Public Relations Team. Needless to say I am nervous, but happy to that my journey and this blog are finally serving a larger purpose other than me reaching my goal. I am definitely really embarrassed by the attention but know it is for a really great cause.

Keep on keeping on everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment