Wednesday, August 6, 2014

3300 meter Swim and 2 hour bike

After a long day at research office trying to tie up all of my lose ends by August 12th, I finally headed out around 4pm to try a new swimming pool. The Shorewood Pool located to the right of La Brioche...now as a warning, I discovered that this is a membership only pool and they do not let people swim there every day. Lucky for me, I had called earlier and the pool wasn't busy so the manager said he'd let me "test it out today" to see if I wanted to buy a membership. I will tell you something, having that 50 meters and a relatively open lane (shared at max with 4 people) was amazing. It was great to go the whole time without stopping and only using the wall to push out. I feel like I got a way better work out that is for sure and definitely have some sore upper arms!!

After that I went on my two hour bike ride which was great. I found a new loop going out on Old Sauk that plops be down right on the Ironman bike course so that I could climb two of the "three bitches" aka massive hills that I will need to do twice come race day. It started to get dark so I had to take off my glasses today and unfortunately had a ton of bugs in my eyes which is never pleasant. I finished the workout strong, feeling like my legs are stronger than ever. I was incredibly hungry though so I think I got a bit behind on my nutrition today. Need to keep in mind with me working out at this high of a volume that I should be eating something almost constantly through out the day.

Also got my Bib Number yesterday so say hello to #455. A guy from the Ironman Wisconsin Facebook group was creating these awesome Facebook cover photos. Thanks Erik!

No comments:

Post a Comment